Tree species from the Vegetation Resource Inventory for the North Pacific Landscape Conservation Cooperative, British Columbia, Canada

Jul 10, 2012
A species has been applied to each hectare based on the 6 species fields in the raw data and the percentage of each species within a given polygon. For example a hectare which is 75% Pine and 25% Cedar has a 25% chance of being flagged as ''Cedar'' and 75% chance of being flagged as ''Pine''.

A code describing the commercial species or brush species in the layer. Species must be above a specified diameter to be recognized in the species composition of the layer. Leading species are described in terms of Genus, Species and Subspecies. There are currently 27 commercial tree species and five genus values recognized in the Province. The code may also used to describe brush species in cases where the Non-Productive Descriptor is NPBR or the Non-Forest Descriptor is NCBR.
Data Provided By:
BCGOV FOR Forest Analysis and Inventory Branch
Content date:
not specified
Spatial Resolution:
100.0 (meter)
Contact Organization:
not specified
Contact Person(s):
not specified
Use Constraints:
Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
Layer Type:
Currently Visible Layer:
All Layer Options:
Layers in this dataset are based on combinations of the following options. You may choose from these options to select a specific layer on the map page.
Spatial Resolution:
Other Information:
Time Period:
Layer Accuracy:
Attribute Accuracy:
FGDC Standard Metadata XML
Click here to see the full FGDC XML file that was created in Data Basin for this layer.
Original Metadata XML
Click here to see the full XML file that was originally uploaded with this layer.
This dataset is visible to everyone
Dataset Type:
Layer Package
Downloaded by 3 Members
Bookmarked by 1 Member
Included in 1 Public Gallery

About the Uploader

Conservation Biology Institute

The Conservation Biology Institute (CBI) provides scientific expertise to support the conservation and recovery of biological diversity in its natural state through applied research, education, planning, and community service.